5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2011 2:10 PM by Diego Munoz

Fixed Scenes

Diego Munoz

I was looking at a SolidWorks Youtube video (look at attach image) and I notice that when the part is rotating or changes orientation the ground stays fix it does not move.

I've change my background and when I rotate my part everything rotates with it. Does anyone know how I can keep the background fix when moving a part, thank you.

• Re: Fixed Scenes
          Deepak Gupta

Background should remain fix since. I'm sure this is something else you observing. Can you make a quick video and attach here as what you mean

Charles Culp

They must have used a static background image, and not used the default scene parameters.

See below to change the Background Image:

EditScene.PNG

Diego Munoz

I'm sorry I don't have a way to record video. But you can see in pic1 and 2 that when I rotate my part everything on the screen rotates as well. The scene in the pics is one that comes with SolidWorks 2011. Charles I'm not familiar with static backgrounds how can I get one or create one. this is the link of the video if you forward it to around the middle of the video you can see how the part is rotating in space and the floor stay fix. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ak5lDt9QcD0

Charles Culp

Yes, if you click on the DisplayManager (the multicolored ball above the feature tree), as shown in my image above, you will see the display and color settings. Then click on the button with the camera, which will be just below the multi-colored ball. This is your scene settings. Now click on the Scene, and you can bring up the Edit Scene PropertyManager, as I have shown in the above image.

Now, if you click on the drop box, change it to "Image". You can then select the image that you want to be static. This is how you create a static image, by setting this Background setting to "Image" and then picking one. It will have to be an image file on your computer, there are some in C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp\SolidWorks\data\images\textures\background\