AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sheetmetal Thickness in Equations not matching

Question asked by Daen Hendrickson on Oct 18, 2011
Latest reply on Oct 21, 2011 by Cliff Behrend

I am using SW2011 with SP3.

I have a series of similar sheet metal part files. The issue for this discussion is that in many of the parts the "Thickness" shown when the equations folder is expanded is 0.060". However, the correct value placed in all of the sheet metal features is 0.090".

The measurement tool says the part is 0.090". A resulting problem is that setting your custom property for material thickness to the "Thickness" variable in the drop down gives the 0.060" value from the equations area. That messes up linked notes in the drawings. So have to set the material thickness custom property to a dimension showing the correct value.

The equations editor says the Thickness value is linked. But not sure to what.

I have attached an example file if anyone cares to poke around with it.

Some history on the creation of these parts: Several of these are "almost" mirrored parts. Differences are usually hole locations while the shapes and bends remain the same. Since they are not precisely mirrored, I did not use any built-in mirroring functionality. But to streamline the creation of the "almost" mirrored parts I performed a Save-As Copy; opened the new part and reversed the thickness and reversed the bend; adjusted my hole locations. I have no idea if this methodology could be a root cause of the thickness issue.

Your thoughts are appreciated. This is more of a curiosity for me than a work stoppage issue. So apply your efforts accordingly.

Thanks, Daen

Attachments

Outcomes