7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2011 9:57 PM by Lenny Bucholz

disappearing sketch entities

Luke Harris

hey guys. im having some trouble with my sketchs. when i make a sketch and try to edit it, all other sketches seem to disapear? basically i am attempting to make a sketch on a seperte plane but join it to the previous sketch. i have look around and cant seem to pin point a setting to change. if you look at the first imager it shows the displayed sketches. then in the second, having selected the sketchi wish to edit, the rest disapear!

cheers in advance,

Luke

Screen Shot 2011-10-13 at 13.59.59.png

Screen Shot 2011-10-13 at 14.00.11.png

• Re: disappearing sketch entities
          Glenn Schroeder

Are the sketches that disappear below the one you are editing in the FMT?  If so, you may be able to drag them above the one you are editing, depending on relationships.  If you do that they should remain visible.

Luke Harris

nope. is there not a command to just prevent them disapearing?

Glenn Schroeder

If they are above the sketch you are editing then they should remain visible if you have them set to show here.

show sketch.png

Luke Harris

you are correct, it does show the glasses icon. i dont understand why the sketches below it disapear? so now if i want to edit the sketch below i have to rearrange it so it is above, and doesn't prevent the other sketch disapearing? these is quite frustrating and i can't understand the point, nor do i can i understand why i cannot disable it???

cheers for your help

Lenny Bucholz

it's a history thing, the sketch maybe in a feature below one sketch, but that sketch may have been created before the others, just got abbsorbed later down the tree in that feature. think of the sketch as in a 3ring binder if you have to turn the pages back it hides the ones you just created....HISTORY BABY.

Luke Harris

cool thanks for your help Lenny i guess this makes sense! It does seem that moving a few sketches about enables them to remain visible (onve positioned appropriately), however its still pretty annoying, is there not a way to disable it completely?

cheers,

Luke

Lenny Bucholz

Luke Harris wrote:

cool thanks for your help Lenny i guess this makes sense! It does seem that moving a few sketches about enables them to remain visible (onve positioned appropriately), however its still pretty annoying, is there not a way to disable it completely?

cheers,

Luke

Luke,

no way because that is how history works, if you go back in time and edit something everything below is gone because it was never born.

This is H.G. Wells shit, go back in time and you get your mom not to marry your dad..... you are never born!!!

what you need to do thing more about time dependant modeling, maybe you need to think about the order of the sketches or don't make the solid to early or or or or.

you just need to try this before that or this after tat and see what happens. the more shit hits the fan , the more you have learned what not to do.

we all have been were you are and now we know what, where, when and why add how to avoid history related issues......

it only gets better.