Robern is a leading manufacturer of innovative mirrored bath cabinets, lighting fixtures and complementary accessories for the bath. The company, located in Bristol, Pennsylvania, has specialized in the "art of storage" since 1968 and has been a Kohler company since 1995.
We are looking for a Product Development Team Leader who will:
· Maintain work plans, schedules and budgets for New Product Development projects and periodically present status of each to management.
· Work closely with Engineering, Marketing and Industrial Design team representatives to coordinate timely completion of project phase activities.
· Work closely with Design Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering to coordinate tight collaboration between the groups to ensure manufacturability, assembly, cost and process issues have been optimized.
· Facilitate and coordinate project activities to maximize use of concurrent engineering practices to shorten project timelines.
· Work closely with Development suppliers to maintain project deliverables
· Manage New Product Development project risk:
· Determine probability and impact of risks
· Develop strategic plans to reduce impacts of risks
· Track, monitor and document risk factors
Be responsible for Critical path analysis
- 1. Leadership and Mentoring:
· Lead, manage and facilitate Stage Gates for New Product Development Project Teams
· Act as a team member on 6-9 New Product Development & sustaining projects
· Provide structure and leadership for the team
· Facilitate effective team meetings
· Manage conflict and resistance
· Understand and improve team dynamics
· Identify and address common group problems
· Be responsible for the planning, execution and monitoring from individual New Product Development project kickoff to release for shipment.
- 2. Building Consensus:
· Build and sustain a credible, professional image
· Build trust and rapport with key stakeholders
· Secure buy-in and commitment to project goals, roles and processing
· Present powerful oral and written proposals
- 3. Process Improvement:
· Identify and champion ideas/solutions for process improvements including but not limited to the New Product Development process.
· Develop and/or maximize the use of project management tools
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in a product development related discipline (e.g. Engineering, Manufacturing, Marketing, or Design) with 5-7 years of experience in concurrent product development. Two-to-five years of increasing responsibility for New Product Development project and personnel management involving a broad range of technologies and processes. Results must demonstrate an ability to build teams, make sound decisions and drive action cross functionally.