7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2011 10:28 AM by Glenn Schroeder

Rotating an assembly

Luke Harris

Hey all. Im having trouble with a few things in my solidworks assembly. I'm pretty amatuer and clueless in all respects of solidworks, but this particular issue is really bugging me and is important i resolve it! Basically i have created an assembly, and i want to rotate the entire assemlby, then copy and paste it.i seem not to be able to copy and paste the entire assembly? I have tried mirroring it, yet despite using the same plane for all parts, i seem to get an exploded mirror, so again, the parts are all over the place! (see below). I'm sure i will be told it is to do with the mates in some way (which i am SO CLUELESS about). In which case it would be amazing if osme one could advise me on how to mate parts in such a way that the entire assembly (in this case a stool) could be easily copied multiple times, mirrored etc without such a disaster!

so here i have mirrored the entire assembly to the plane on the left of the triangle. Instead of an exact replicate, the assembly mirrors and disassembles into a crazy mess???

Screen Shot 2011-10-03 at 13.45.55.png

Thanks in advance!,

Luke