1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 29, 2011 6:03 PM by Dave Lelonek

Sketch dimensions - Values stray off the sketch plane.

Randy Petrongelli

Hello all,

I'm having this problem in one of my parts. It's a bit hard to explain. Whenever I am sketching and I add dimensions, the dimension values don't stay on the same plane as the sketch when rotating/zooming/panning.

The first picture is just as I'm placing the dimension, as you can see something is already wrong. sometimes numerals are missing, sometimes they aren't.

Untitled-1.jpg

The second and third picture are when rotating the view, as you can see the values for the dimensions go off the sketch plane. Sometimes they snap back after I stop rotating, sometimes they stay on a different level or dissapear all together.

(here I am rotating the part toward me)

Untitled-2.jpg

Look at the values in the top right corner of this picture.

Untitled-3.jpg

I haven't been able to find a way around it other than editing the part in the assembly, where everything works normally. So I can get around it just fine but I don't usually edit fully in the assembly so it's been annoying me.

One of our AE's are stopping by tomorrow, maybe I'll ask him to take a look at it. I have to also check if the other workstation does the same thing or if it's just my mine. Anyone have any ideas? I haven't changed any settings lately.

Thanks