2 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2012 1:34 PM by Jonathan Gamble

Can automatic transitions drive other (concurrent) transitions?

Brian Dalton

Background:

If two files are linked by reference, they can move together through separate workflows whenever the transition performed by the referencing file has the same name as an available transition for the referenced file.  For instance, a drawing has a reference to its model file.  If drawings and models are processed in different workflows, they can go through their respective transitions together if both files are seeing transitions with the same name.

Sorry if that's not a great explanation; suffice it to say that I've used this technique extensively.

SO... here's my problem.  I would like to have an automatic transition that acts as a driver to pull referenced files through their own same-named transitions.  As near as I can tell, it won't work.

If I manually perform a transition to drag other files through their same-named transitions, it works fine.  If I try to do the same with an automatic transition, no bueno.  Does anyone have any light to shed on this or any experience that they can share?  Am I missing something?