3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2011 9:56 AM by Wayne Matus

Which Serial Numbers can change with the variable value?

Chao Gu

Serial Number.jpg

Which Serial Numbers can change with the variable value?

• Re: Which Serial Numbers can change with the variable value?
          Brian Dalton

Please give a more complete description of what you are trying to do and what problem you are having.  It's not clear just from the picture you posted.

I suspect you're trying to use Serial Numbers in the wrong way.  Each part would have a unique serial number.  Are you trying to create multiple part numbers for the same part?

• Re: Which Serial Numbers can change with the variable value?
              Chao Gu

Sorry,my english is poor.

Yes,Each part would have a unique serial number. But different types of parts used in different serial number generator.Such as: standard parts, purchased parts, manufactured parts, etc.

I want an encoder.

Hope to achieve this function, select different serial number generator according to the list of variables value.

For example,

Assuming serial number generator A, B, C's Next counter value are the 002, 0003, 00011

Variable   value                      serial number generator                                    serial number value

If Product value is A        then the serial number generator is A                                    002

If Product value is B        then the serial number generator is B                                    0003

If Product value is C        then the serial number generator is C                                    00011