6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2011 2:03 PM by Robert White

Translating Checkboxes to decimal/integer values

Robert White

Hello all,

I am currently in the process of setting up our ECO process and am using a template to gather information from the user; however, I've run into an issue with translating check boxes into the Workflow (transitions). We have just installed EPDM 2011 SP0.

Ultimately, I would like the originator to check a box for which departments the ECO affects. Once in the ECO workflow, the appropriate users would be notified and the ECO wouldn't progress until all of the originator-checked departments had given approval.

My thought was to use the Parallel workflow discussed by Jeff ( http://www.3dvision.com/wordpress/index.php/2011/04/12/use-dispatch-to-manage-on-the-fly-workflows/ ), but instead of doing a 2/3 votes needed or all-needed as discussed, I would use a counter to add the originator-checked boxes and have the workflow base advancement on the number summed. (This seems like a simple approach, but is probably leading me around my elbow)

On the template, I inserted an Edit box with the variable 'ECOcount' and an Input string that should sum the values from the checkbox; however, this results in showing the actual input string "Add(0,1,0)" for the middle box checked rather than showing the total "1". Advancing through the template returns a "Variable ECOcount requires an integer value".

Is there an easier way to do this? and can the checkbox values be added since their value is '0' or '1'?

Thank you!!