AnsweredAssumed Answered

Translating Checkboxes to decimal/integer values

Question asked by Robert White on Sep 20, 2011
Latest reply on Sep 26, 2011 by Robert White

Hello all,

I am currently in the process of setting up our ECO process and am using a template to gather information from the user; however, I've run into an issue with translating check boxes into the Workflow (transitions). We have just installed EPDM 2011 SP0.

Ultimately, I would like the originator to check a box for which departments the ECO affects. Once in the ECO workflow, the appropriate users would be notified and the ECO wouldn't progress until all of the originator-checked departments had given approval.

My thought was to use the Parallel workflow discussed by Jeff ( http://www.3dvision.com/wordpress/index.php/2011/04/12/use-dispatch-to-manage-on-the-fly-workflows/ ), but instead of doing a 2/3 votes needed or all-needed as discussed, I would use a counter to add the originator-checked boxes and have the workflow base advancement on the number summed. (This seems like a simple approach, but is probably leading me around my elbow)

On the template, I inserted an Edit box with the variable 'ECOcount' and an Input string that should sum the values from the checkbox; however, this results in showing the actual input string "Add(0,1,0)" for the middle box checked rather than showing the total "1". Advancing through the template returns a "Variable ECOcount requires an integer value".

Is there an easier way to do this? and can the checkbox values be added since their value is '0' or '1'?

Thank you!!

Attachments

Outcomes