3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2011 8:15 PM by Wayne Tiffany

View Orientation Zoom Level

Steve Krause

When I am panning and rotating and zooming in and out I often decide i want to see the model on a plane.  If i go to the View Orientation pulldown or use the space bar to see the Front, Back, Left, Right, etc, the zoom level changes.  Usually I am zoomed in so when I change to view from a plane it zooms out to a default zoom setting and I then have to zoom back in, which is a little frustrating.  Is there a way to change the view orientation without changing the zoom level?

• Re: View Orientation Zoom Level
          Jeremy Feist

there is a system setting here

untitled.PNG

Steve Krause

Thank you.  That is exactly what i was looking for. 

Wayne Tiffany

Just to offer a supplement that you might find handy, take a look at the attached files.  There is an RTF file that is a very good explanation.

Basically, the set of macros runs off the numeric keypad keys.  I use them ALL the time and struggle when on a machine without them.  But the main reason I am suggesting them to you is because you desire to turn off the zoom to fit of the standard views.  So if you tie in these macros, then you can have the best of both worlds.  If you want to jump to an isometric view and zoom to fit, hit the 9 key.  If you want to jump to the front view and zoom to fit, hit the 5 key.  If you want to jump to the front view and keep your zoom scale, use the spacebar method, which doesn't zoom to fit per the setting mentioned here in this post.

Take some time to read through the document as I think you will find them quite handy.  Changing to the front, right, isometric, reverse underneath isometric views, etc. is much faster by hitting the appropriate num keypad key than clicking on something. 

WT