7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2011 6:16 PM by Brian Dalton

File card resetting variable from Template card

Brian Dalton

I've been wrestling with this weird one for nearly two hours...

I have a Template card that has a combobox with a list of values to choose from.  I have set the first item in the list as the default.  "Default overwrites" is NOT checked.

I have the same control on the file card, with the same settings as the corresponding control on the template card.  When I run the template and select a value - any value - in the combobox, that value is changed to the default value when the file is created.  Please note that "Default overwrites" is NOT checked on either card.

I tried removing the default value setting from both cards (leaving the default blank) and then the file card resets the value selected in the template card to blank.  No matter what I try, I can't get this field to retain the value set in the template card.

Here's the weird part:

This same pair of cards has three other pairs of comboboxes that are set exactly the same way and intended to work the same way.  They all work fine.  Only the controls that I placed today are having this weird resetting problem.  I've been over and over all the settings on all the controls on both cards and I'll swear they're identical.

I don't believe in poltergeists and I (hopefully) have not gone crazy.  I must be missing something, but I can't for the world figure out what.