2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2011 8:04 AM by Eduard Bardaji

How to remove the F1 "help" shortcut

Eduard Bardaji

Hi all,

I would like to use the F1 key for something other than calling the SW "help" menu. However, when I open the keyboard customization window and press F1 to assign it to a function, the key does not get recorded and instead the Help window keeps on popping up. Is there a way to get rid of this shortcut (since it does not appear in the customization window either) or is this one hard coded into the program?

Thanks!

• Re: How to remove the F1 "help" shortcut
          Scott McFadden

Eduard,

I am pretty sure it is hard coded into the software because all programs that I know

of use F1 for help.  All MS Office programs do as well as ACAD and I am sure others.

There are plenty of keys or key combinations to choose from to use instead of trying to use F1.

• Re: How to remove the F1 "help" shortcut
              Eduard Bardaji

Thanks for your help.

Suggestion to SW Team:

I doubt many people use Help often enough to justify hard-coding the F1 shortcut, plus Help is available online and through the menus. The F1 key is very accessible and I am quite sure many people would start using it should it be free. At the very least, it would be nice to be able to choose what the F1 key does, just like all the other shortcuts.

Still, great product, thanks for everything.