13 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2011 11:03 PM by Justin Bey

Is my computer good enough to run Solidworks quickly?

Justin Bey

Not sure if I posted this in the right area... I searched the forums and couln't find anything to fit better.

I just purchased a $1,600 laptop from HP and was TORN between the 2.3GHz Quad Core processor, and the 2.7GHz Dual core...

I read on these forums that a single faster processor is better than multiple slower ones, so I went with the Dual Core 2.7GHz.

My question is will my new laptop run Solidworks quickly without bogging down?

Here's my specs, analize and critisize if you'd like, I hope I made an OK choice. I'm slightly nervous after spending that amount of money.

Thanks for any input!

•  dark umber
      •  Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
      •  2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2620M Processor (2.7GHz, 4MB L3 Cache) Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHz
      •  2GB Radeon(TM) HD 6770M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
      •  12GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
      •  FREE Upgrade to 640GB 5400RPM Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
      •  No Additional Office Software
      •  No additional security software
      •  30% OFF! 9-Cell Lithium-Ion Battery (over-sized) - Up to 9.5 hours of battery life +++
      •  17.3" diagonal Full HD HP Anti-glare LED Display (1920 x 1080)
      •  SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
      •  HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone + HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader
      •  Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth(R) with Wireless Display Support
      •  Standard Keyboard with numeric keypad
      •  HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope