AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sheet Metal Templates

Question asked by Ryan Moore on Aug 23, 2011
Latest reply on Sep 9, 2011 by John Stoltzfus

Okay, so I have been working on this problem for a while now, and I think the easiest way to have someone help me would be from scratch.

The issue I am haveing is with creating sheet metal templates for my company. My goal is to have around five or six seperate templates labeled 020 crs 030 crs 050 al ect. ect. I want to be able to open up a template and have a blank model file (only three planes, origin ect.) but still hold information for a Base-Flange which I would create.  The information for the Sheet-Metal feature and the Base-Flange feature should be pre-determened with thickness, bend deduction, bend radius ect which would all be saved in the individual templates.  So for each template would be a blank model but as soon as you create a sheet metal part, all the default information would be determeined by which template you choose, because each template would have different information for radius, thickness ect.  PLEASE HELP  I am having a really hard time with this and my company is putting pressure on me to get this done and I would like to have solid, effiecent templates from which everyone can work off of.  Thank you for your time!

Outcomes