4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2011 10:49 AM by Tim Webb

AUTOMATIC TEMPLATE?

Alper Kuney

Hi,

I want to know if an automatic transition can be executed on a transition or not? If not, is there any alternative ways to create a file in the folder of the file on which the transition is executed?

I look up everything but could not find a result for this.

Thanks in advance.

• Re: AUTOMATIC TEMPLATE?
          Tim Read

I am sure I have seen others asking about this on the forums...

The answer at the moment is: Yes, but only if you write an add-in.

The "Execute task" option shows the only supplied addin option - the "convert" functionality. If you want to do anything else then you have to go to the programmers... Your VAR should be able to help you.

Tim

Brian Nichols

Alper,

Yes you can do an Automatic transition in the workflow which will move the file to a particular state you setup or you can set it up to keep the file in a certain state until a condition is met (example to be checked, reviewed, wait for approval, etc....)

Hope this helps, if you need anything else please let me know.

Brian

Alper Kuney

revise:

Hi,

I want to know if an automatic template can be executed on a transition or not? If not, is there any alternative ways to create a file in the folder of the file on which the transition is executed?

I look up everything but could not find a result for this.

Thanks in advance.

Actually i found the solution by creating a dispatch which copies files from the templates... EPDM is a bit missing. ex: there are some long ways instead of doing it with a short way.