3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2011 11:01 AM by Anthony Botting

Transient thermal stress analysis

Tom Detka

Can anybody explain to me how exactly to automate a transiant thermal analysis. i tried doing what it said int the help functions but i get an error

"No design variables are linked to Simulation STATIC"

• Re: Transient thermal stress analysis
          Srinivas Vishwanath

Right click on the simulation study tree...next you find the properties in there you can find the Transient option

Capture.JPG

Tom Detka

Thanks for your response, I gues that is what i asked but its not what i ment to.

Can anybody explain to me how exactly to automate a transiant thermal stress analysis. i tried doing what it said int the help functions but i get an error

"No design variables are linked to Simulation STATIC"

this is what I should have said.

Anthony Botting

Hi Tom: Are you attempting to use the "Design Scenarios" functionality? That error message seems to imply that it's looking for a design variable, which may not be defined. (I'm assuming that you're needing Design Scenarios since you wrote about automation, which that module can do).

We wrote a small video on GoEngineer's YouTube channel to show how to set-up thermo-structural coupling, but it's not automated in the sense that it sequentially reads transient result sets and runs a stress analysis on each. I believe you could do that with Design Scenarios, however.

SolidWorks Simulation - Thermo-Structural Coupling

http://youtu.be/JUVQz4ymGZE

Hope it helps, even if a little.

-Tony