0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 18, 2011 1:07 PM by Adam Lanners

SWTaskAddin General Task User Interface

Adam Lanners

I am trying to leverage the SWTaskAddin to perform batching on selected EPDM files as mentioned in the programmer's reference guide (see using the standard add-in). I have the task user interface type set to "general" and edited the script to perform the required automation in SolidWorks. The problem I am running into is two-fold:

1. If I look at the task details during while the task is running I am able to see the selected files.

taskrunning.png

(While task is running)

After the task completes and I look at the details tab the selected files screen is blank.

taskcomplete.png

(after task completes)

I would really like to be able to audit the task that ran and see which files were selected.

2. I am writing to a log file similar to the convert and print tasks. However, the log file only shows up locally on the computer that performed the task. If I change the interface type to print or convert I can get it to place the log file in the vault checked-in using the same script.

Has anyone else seen this behavior while using the SWTaskAddIn? I'm thinking its a bug within SWTaskAddIn and I would be better off just writing my own add-in that can be called from a task.

Thought I'd throw this out and see what people have found.

Thanks.