AnsweredAssumed Answered

External references are not saved

Question asked by Emil Virack on Aug 9, 2011
Latest reply on Aug 10, 2011 by Emil Virack

Hello Forum,

I am working with a big assembly and currently going through it to change the names of parts and assemblies(translation SWE->ENG). I use SolidWorks Explorer and it is working fine. In order to have a clan look we have put the sub-assemblies in folders and so on. I have during the last days been renaming folders in Windows explorer. I know this is not the best way to do it, but it seemed to me to be the easiest way. When opening an assembly, SW asks me where the missing files are and I can select the changed folder and everything is fine.

Today something is not working anymore. I have changed a folders name and after opening the assembly I go to Save As to save the assembly on top of the old save file, click references... and there I can see the new and correct directory. But when I Save All and try to reopen the assembly it asks me again where the missing files are... It seemes to me that the references are not saved. In this case it is two different sub-sub assemblies that I have pick every time I open.

(SolidWorks 2010 x64)

Is there anybody out there?

Outcomes