8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2011 12:17 PM by Tony Wu

SMTP can't work

Tony Wu

I sent a test mail from SQL database mail, i can receive the test mail. But i run "test settings" mail fro EPDM message system,it's show "sent mail failed,error Timout Expired" my epdm mail was worked yesterday,but today epdm mail can't work. So how to fix it ???

• Re: SMTP can't work
          Ravi Teja

Hi Tony

Please See what "DocumentsActioninfo" table in SQL shows.

Regards

Ravi T

James Pepper

Ravi,

This is similar to Tony's situation, but different: Our e-mail notifications stopped working several months ago. Our IT folks couldn't fix it. Last week, they performed some SQL cleanup actions and now our notifications works again. However, when I send a test e-mail, it does get sent, but I also receive a timeout error. Quirky.

Tony Wu

james: do you know how to "cleanup" SQL ?

James Pepper

Tony,

Below is the response from my local IT person. Some of our network functions are controlled by our parent company in Las Vegas, so it might have been something they did. But just in case it might help, here is what we did:

"In all honesty, I doubt what I did fixed the problem – I think it may have been a coincidence which happened to coincide with the server shutdowns for the [scheduled] power outage.

"Anyway, when I began checking for the [SP 4.0] upgrade, I noticed several logon errors in the event viewer related to SolidWorks. There was a SQL account which we created to test early on that was no longer valid but was attempting to access. I removed (deleted) the test account and then ran the database server configuration utility and archive server  configuration utility which were under SolidWorks Enterpise PDM on the start menu. These prompted for logon credentials so I entered the SQL database admin credentials.

"My thinking is that at one point we used the test account credentials and the system remembered them and continued to try and logon using them."

Tony Wu

I check SQL  "DocumentsActioninfo" table,it's empty

Image1.jpg

Wayne Matus

It could be AV software issue. Check solution S-015424 in the KB.