5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 11, 2006 3:01 PM by

Measure

In a similar situation I used Tools==>Check and enabled the minimum radius of curvature. It works pretty good for anular and cylendrical surfaces. See attached
        • Measure
          I think "check entity" is also giving me what I need with less work.
          • Measure
            Dale,Anna

Thanks. Creating the sketch is what I have been doing.

This should be a must for SW. Three other CAD/CAM software that I am using will do this with a simple click of the mouse.

Thanks again,
            Mark
            • Measure
              No. As a workaround, can you use the curvature display? It's in view, display, curvature. It can take a while to do this, so you might want to limit the faces this is applied to by pre-selecting them.
              • Measure
                Create a sketch and add whatever construction lines you need and/or use an intersection curve and dimension to that.

Regards,

Anna Wood
                SW06 SP5 x64, WinXP x64
                Dell Precision 380, Pentium D940, 4 Gigs RAM, FX3450
                WD Raptors, 1 Gb network connection
                www.auerprecision.com

on 2006 11 12:01 Mark Bullock wrote:
                > Does anyone know a way to measure a radius on a SURFACE model? When I use the
                > measure function and select the radius, it gives me perimeter and area. When I
                > select the edge of the surface radius, it gives me arc length and chord length
                > which are useless without chord height.
                • Measure
                  Does anyone know a way to measure a radius on a SURFACE model? When I use the measure function and select the radius, it gives me perimeter and area. When I select the edge of the surface radius, it gives me arc length and chord length which are useless without chord height.