Below is the process (the attached .docx has the full description for parts) we have figured out to assign string parameter to parts. However, we do not know how to do this for geometric surfaces, curves and points or for part features. Can someone tell us how to do this? Thanks, Bruce and the Novus Nexus Team.
SOLIDWORKS - PARAMETER ASSIGNMENT FOR Parts
- MRF ASSEMBLY
- 1.1. Launch SolidWorks
- 1.2 File – Open and select MRF.SLDASM
- 1.3. Feature Manager Design Tree. The first icon is selected.
- 1.4. In feature manager design Tree, right click on HOUSING and select Open part.
- 1.5. Select the second icon from the left, above the Design tree.
- 1.6. Right click on Default [HOUSING] then select Properties:
- 1.7. Select Custom Properties then Custom. Under Property Name enter scomp, under Type select Text, under Value/Text Expression enter mrf, then <enter>. Enter all attributes as shown below.
After entering the desired parameters – OK, then save the model.
What is the procedure to attach string/real parameters on geometric surfaces, curves and points and part features?