I have a sub-assembly that has a couple of moving parts whose position is determined by configurations. Connecting these parts are rods and turnbuckles that in real life would be doing the moving. I created these in-context to the moving parts so their lengths are correct in each configuration. This works fine in the sub-assembly and the lengths and angles change as I change configurations. The problem comes when I insert this into a higher level assembly. The higher assembly has configurations that determine the location and configuration of the sub-assembly. As I switch between the top level configurations the sub-assemblies move to the right place and take the correct configuration but the in-context parts (rods & turnbuckles) don’t update and are hanging out in space. These really need to live in the sub-assembly because there would be hundreds of them if I were to have them at the top level.