5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2011 7:46 AM by Matthew Lorono

Cutting Plane Lines

Kevin Elliott

Is there a way to add a breaks in a section line so that it does not intersect with other lines and blocks (i.e. center marks, centerlines, etc.)?

• Re: Section Lines
          Andries Koorzen

Hi Kevin.

Unfortunately there is no standard functionality for this. You 'll have to use a workaround.

Create the section, move the section label to another layer, hide it, redraw a dummy section line and format to suit.

Alternatively, add breaks to your dimension lines instead of to the section lines, or modify your drafting standard to suit your needs.

section.png

Scott McFadden

Kevin,

You can change the line type of the section line here.

line.jpg

and depending on the line style it might give you the appearance you are looking for.

Matthew Lorono

Kevin, just curious:  Is this a company requirement that is driving this inquiry, some standard, or is it a personal preference? (Also, just to make cross-referencing this post easier, I'll add that the lines that make up the cutting plane for a Section View are actually called Cutting Plane Lines in ASME; Section Lines are the hatches on the Section View itself)

Kevin Elliott

Matt, Good call: I couldn't remember which of the two to call it. But it is somewhat of a mix between a personal preference and a company standard. I have a standard centerline block that i have to use and it has handles to snap centerlines to it when relating hole patterns together. I just wanted to expand on it to have the cutting plane line snap to the handles and not overlap the centermark block.