1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 18, 2011 8:28 AM by Monte Unruh

GibbsCam Add-In Slowed Way Down in 2011

Monte Unruh

We recently upgraded from SW2009 to SW2011.  We do our modeling in SW and program our machine tools with GibbsCam.  I use the GibbsCam Addin a lot.  I work with the model and then seamlessly transfer it into Gibbscam.  Since upgrading this has been very slow, up to the point of locking up the computer a couple of times.  If I save the SW file and try opening it directly from Gibbs it opens instantly, but this is an extra step for me.  Is anyone using the GibbsCam Addin and are you having trouble with it too?  Our VAR says it is Gibbs's problem.  Gibbs tells me it is my computer.  My IT people tell me it is a SolidWorks problem.  Thank you.

• Re: GibbsCam Add-In Slowed Way Down in 2011
          Monte Unruh

I notice this has had a number of views so this is how it turned out.  At the same time we went to SW2011 we also started using the latest version of Gibbs.  When I tried to use the add in to take the solid from SW to Gibbs it was now taking what seemed like forever.  The new version of Gibbs was storing the SW file in a different location, part of the transfer I guess.  In my case it was traveling over the VPN and saving at the main office.  I work from my home.  Once this was taken care of everything worked fine.  Gibbs also changed it so no matter what from now on it will be saving the SW transfer file locally.