9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2011 8:40 PM by Rich Beien

Right Click Tree Issue

Rich Beien

Hello all,

When I right click on an object in the tree there is a window that opens up and gives me some options. At the top of the window is suppress, sketch, hide, normal to etc. Underneath that is supposed to be more options but everytime I have to click the drop down arrow to display these options. Does anybody know what setting it is that effects this?

Thanks a lot!

Rich

• Re: Right Click Tree Issue
          Brian Lindahl

Sounds like you want Tools>Customize>Options>Shortcut customization>Show All

Rich Beien

Now when I right click an item in the tree, all it says is Customize Menu. And then, when I click it it opens a new window which is the window that should be displayed right when I right click the item in the first place.

Kelvin Lamport

When you click the Customize Menu option, are all the items selected? If not, select them.

When in  Tools > Customize > Options did you select both Show All buttons?

Kelvin Lamport

Can you post an image where it shows only the Customize Menu?

Have you rebooted since this problem occured?

Maybe try selecting the Reset To Default options (below the Show All options), restart SW and then select the Show All again.

If none of that works you may have to reset the registry or run a repair.

Rich Beien

Here is the issue. I have to click the drop down arrow in that window in order to see the details.

I have rebooted and tried resetting all the settings. It's clearly not a graphics issue. Also, when I log into the other account on this computer, this issue is non existent. It's only like this on my account, which means it has to be a setting somewhere.

Wayne Tiffany

If you just want to get this fixed, try renaming your SW CU reg key which will force a rebuild of that key for your user account based on the LM key.  If it then works properly, the problem was indeed something in that CU key.

But if you really want to try to find the culprit, then save out your bad existing reg settings with the Copy Settings Wizard before you rename the CU key, rename that saved out file to settings bad.txt, rename the CU key, restart SW in order for it to rebuild that key, close SW, save out the settings again, rename that file to settings good.txt.  Then open both text files in a file comparer program (I like ExamDiff) and look at each difference and decide if it makes sense that the difference you see would affect SW as you are seeing.  Continue through the text files until you find the problem, get to the end of the files, or give up.  :-)

WT

Kelvin Lamport

If you want to discover what the problem is,then  do as Wayne suggests.

If you just want to fix the problem and move on, then copy the settings from the other user account to your account using the Copy Settings Wizard.

Alin Vargatu

Do you have a certified videocard and a certified driver for it?

Just as a test, can you let us know if the same behavior exists after switching to Software OpenGL?