3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2011 4:45 AM by Deepak Gupta

Aligning Objects

Joe Ando

Hello,

I am VERY new to solidworks and am having a little trouble. I have made a solid and I am trying to import a path from illustrator. The path is getting imported to my part, but I am unable to center it on my solid. I am having general issues moving and scaling the object. Please see the attached screenshot. The goal is to get the & centered on the circle below.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Capture.PNG

• Re: Aligning Objects
          Mans Collner

Use "Move entities" in the sketch.

You can add construction geometry to the sketch so that you can snap it in place on your solid, or just find the right coordinates.

Joe Ando

Thanks for the response,

That almost did it. When my shape got moved some of the points got messed up. Is there a way to treat my whole & as a single object? If I could put my & inside a bounding box I think I will be okay.

Joe

Deepak Gupta

Joe make sure that while while you're using the move entities option, you've "Keep relations" unchecked.

Other things you can try if this doesn't work, is to convert the complete geometry into a block (select all the entities and right click. now select the option "make block"). You can then easily move the block around. Finally after setting the position of block, you can convert block back to sketch entities by right clicking on the block and select "Explode block".