5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2011 9:24 AM by Tony Vitale

    90 degree tube fittings/flange?

    Jack Berryman

      Hi there,


      How is it possible to create a 90 degree 'flange'?


      90 degree elbows with Cpoints at each end are easy enough, but I'm trying to model hose end fittings ("flexible tube" end fittings).


      Below is an image of the fitting - if you are not familiar the end with the black circle is essentially a flange face the other end is a hose insert. The flange face is then clamped.


      I want to be able to snap flange faces (of the right size) together and add flexible tube like that of a normal straight flange. The component shoud be able to svivel within the hose also. Hopefully someone sees what I'm getting at.


      I've been struggling with this for a while now - been flicking through the manual and searching online with no luck. Hopefully can someone can help?! I'm on solidworks 2010.


      Kind Regards



      Hose Fitting.JPG