3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2011 3:07 PM by Jerry Steiger

I have moved my files to another folder.

Joe Gomez

Since I moved my files to another folder, my 2D drawings are now shown in all dashed lines. Where did they go? How can I get them back? Can I get them back?

• Re: I have moved my files to another folder.
          Keith McDonald

Did you put the drawing files in the same folder as the parts and assembly files?

Bad habit in Solid Works to over organize things.

Try this:

Open SolidWorks... Go to file ...Open..Go to the folder the drawings are in... Select the drawing file... Click on the button that says "references" ...Double click on the file it shows and browse to the new location and select the file. then open

Scott McFadden

Joe,

What method did you use to place these files in the new folder?

Save as copy?  Pack and go?  If you didn't use either one can you

delete the files in this new directory and do it again using one of these methods?

Jerry Steiger

Joe,

When you moved the files without having the drawings open, SW lost the references between the models and the drawings. The easiest way to get the references correct is to move the model files back to the original folder. SW works best if the models and drawings are in the same folder, but you can move the models or the drawings, provided that you allow SW to keep the right references. An easy way to move the model is to have the drawing open when you move the model by doing a "Save As". You can also use SW Explorer to move the files.

Jerry Steiger