Hopefully this is easy. Draft analysis will color faces while the tool is open, but as soon as I click check it removes the coloring. Any idea how to keep the faces colored to make drafting easier? This is in SW2010SP5.
Welcome to SW forums Tim
If you keep the Draft analysis icon pressed, the color will remain there.
You might also find this post helpful for your future reference.
Thanks for the response Deepak. I am unable to keep the icon pressed. Do you know what might be causing that? I am doing the following:
1) View -> Display -> Draft Analysis
2) Select Direction of Pull (in this case "Front Plane")
3) Angle 1deg
4) Leave Face Classification and Gradual transistion unchecked with default colors (green, yellow, red)
5) Click Calculate Button. This correctly shades the faces.
6) Still in Draft Analysis tool. To exit the tool I press the green checkmark (cannot do anything else while in the tool).
7) Coloring disappears.
And to add, I'm using Windows 7 64 bit on a 2011 Macbook Pro.
Works fine for me on Win XP 64 SW2010. Check attached video and check if you missed any steps. And if you feel it's still annoying you, please report to your VAR (person/company from where you have purchased the software)
He's seeing this problem because he has "CALCULATE" in his draft analysis. In your video, that button does not exist.
I don't have that button on my system either. Hitting the green check mark removes the property window but leaves the colors.
The answer to your question is the GPU. Make sure you are using a certified graphics card, one that can handle the draft analysis in a working environment. Basically, your GPU isn't good enough. That's why you have "CALCULATE" and why it disappears once you leave the property manager.
Retrieving data ...