AnsweredAssumed Answered

edit physical properties of custom materials in material editor

Question asked by Mark Charbonneau on May 23, 2011
Latest reply on May 24, 2011 by Mark Charbonneau

hello all,

I created a custom .sldmat file for some additional materials, and they are now pulling up fine under the materials editor. Now I am trying to modify the physical properties of these materials from within the materials editor. So, I select the material, click on create/edit material, and get the list of material properties. Note that these material properties are NOT grayed out, and that when I click on them I CAN key in new values.

My problem is this: after I key in new values, and click on OK, when I open up that material again the physical properties have reverted back to what they were before.

I don't know if this is a matter of read/write access to the file which I placed on our server? I clicked on the file properties outside of SW and made sure that everyone had read/write access, so I don't think that is the case, but it was the only thing I could think of.

I believe that I could probably go back into the actual .sldmat file via notepad and input the values there, but I was hoping to avoid doing that.

I would appreciate any insights as to why these edits to the material properties are not "sticking" once I modify them.

Thanks,

Mark

Outcomes