1 Reply Latest reply on May 18, 2011 5:32 AM by Brian Watts

Do you convert doc's other than Solidworks files to PDF and how do you do it?

Simon Schuck

Hi all...

I've been involved in discussions about this before and never got anything working, I've been asked again if there is a method to either convert word doc's to pdf with a task add in or print to pdf and get the document to save in the same folder location as the original document. I've been tinkering but not found a way - does anyone else do/use this function and what method do you use?

Thanks

• Re: Do you convert doc's other than Solidworks files to PDF and how do you do it?
          Brian Watts

Hi Simon,

We use a macro here which converts a SW drawing into an Edrawing & PDF document. Next, it emails these two documents to the relevant departments and finally locates them into the correct project folder / library on our network.

It does has it limitations whereby there is a limit on the file size that the email can send, if this occurs an error message pops up when running the macro. To overcome this we just produce the Edrawing & PDF files manually. This is often the case when working with large assembly drawings.

The macro itself was created by our VAR as they have an expert on visual basic.

Good luck...Brian