AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problems with 2011 SP3 admin option editor

Question asked by Mark Landin on May 17, 2011
Latest reply on May 20, 2011 by Mark Landin

I'm working on building a 2011 SP 3 admin image. I'm having trouble using admin option editor to manage the licensing info in the users.xml file when these items exist on a network share.

When I launch admin option editor, most of the options are greyed out. When I hit the "Edit" button, admin option editor crashes. I've verified that AdminDirector.xml and users.xml files are valid and non-mangled, and I have Full Control permissions on the entire admin image directory tree.

If I use the same AdminDirector.xml and users.xml files on a local workstation, everything works. But when they live on a network share, they fail. I have no trouble performing these same operations on my 2009 and 2010 admin images which are located on the same network share.

Anybody else having this issue? Using a local workstation to do license admin is not preferred, as I have admin images all over the world, and local staff to do license admin. Keeping it all centrally managed on a server is the way I'd like to do it, and I've done it that way since 2008. 

Outcomes