9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2011 10:05 PM by Louis Moskven

Transition conditions

Louis Moskven

Hello,

I'm having some trouble applying variables as transition link conditions to an ECN document; Currently we are trying to use data card variables in conjunction with the authorization option (in EPDM 2011) to move a document through a workflow. The key processes involved in this workflow include:

1.) checking off a check box to provide some verification (ie: the head of our department would click on a designated box for the authorization of an ECN)

2.) checking the document into a workflow labelled "Check in"

3.) if the document passes the department head's review, moving the file (with password-protected transition link) to a link work flow state which brings the document to  technical staff (for their analysis of the ECN)

I have chosen the variable type "yes or no" to represent whether or not the variable linked to a checkbox is ticked off or not.

the problem I'm currently running into is that when I assign variable conditions to the transition link  (with the correct checkbox and variable linking) and state that the augment is "yes", the document is not allowed to pass to the next state, (even though the augument is "yes, and there is a tick for the corresponding checkbox on the data card). Inversly, if I set the augment to "no" and de-select the corresponding checkbox, it does work, and the document passes on to the next state.

Questions:

I read in the Administration Guide that when using the "yes or no" variable type; a 0 (defined as "no") or 1 ("yes") is applied to the variable, according to what the user checks/selects; does this form of variable type apply to certain card controls (checkbox and/or droplist)?

Also, I'm wondering if there's some correlation to the default setting/regular setup of data card variables which results in only one form of condition augment (in this case the "no" augment) allowing a document to pass (ie, using default or other set option can affect whether a "no" corresponds to a 0 or a 1).

sorry if this is confusingly written...