4 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2011 8:45 AM by Wayne Matus

Parts checked out in Enterprise

Mukesh Prasad

I have an assembly that is checked out of Enterprise and reside in my local hard drive. I would like to delete all these files that is checked out but I'm not sure if this will be a problem since the parts/assembly is tagged in Enterprise as Checked out by me. Actually this assembly is the first one that we have checked because we just installed Enterprise so we are not sure how this works.

• Re: Parts checked out in Enterprise
          Ravi Teja

hi mukesh,

What do you want to do,

1. delet the file form enterprise PDM vault

2.or u want remove the locally cached file?

Mukesh Prasad

Delete from my local Directory. When you have a part checked out, are you really working in enterprise vault?

Mukesh Prasad

When working with a part that is checked out of EPDM, is that part file copied on your local drive somewhere or are you working directly from the file vault set-up on the server?

I'm trying to understand how EPDM works. Lets say I checked out an assembly and I did some work on one of the parts in the asembly and saved the assembly and part but did not check them back in EPDM as yet. I then decided I do not want to make the changes and wish to have the part same as in the vault. How do I handle this?

Wayne Matus

In EPDM you are always working on your local hard drive. When you check out a file gives you write access to that file on your local hard drive and gives you the ability to check the changes back in.

If you have a file checked out and have made changes to it but decide you do not want the changes, you would undo the the check out. You will then need to get latest version of the file so that the file on your local computer is the same as the one in the vault.