4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2011 5:30 PM by Ron McCarry

Updating a List from SQL server

Ron McCarry

I have a number of list coming though a linked server from a MDB file set to "Periodic refresch every' 5 minutes. It does not update the list for use by the cards. The test button works. If I change the query and save, the cards get the updated information. How do I get Periodic refresh to work? I am testing using the EPDM admin account.

• Re: Updating a List from SQL server
          Tor Iveroth

Hi Ron,

SQL lists are updated by the Enterprise PDM database server service - so if the periodic refresh is not working, then its likely the service that is not running as it should.  I'd recommend going through the troubleshooting steps in KB solution S-08226.  If it still is not working, contact your VAR for help.

-Tor, EPDM support

• Re: Updating a List from SQL server
              Ron McCarry

I went though the troubleshooting guided from S-08226, this is what I found

Note I am using EPDM 2011, The MDB file is on a domain server.

PDMWorks Enterpise Database Server is not installed but Solidworks Enterprise PDM Database Server is started. I suspect it is a replacement. It's Login is Local System; to get the linked server to work, I had to set SQL server to use a domain login.

I found 2 errors,

1st in the ConisioArchiveServerLog

EventID:0

Could not receive data from 10.1.1.150:51967. (Windows Sockets Error# 10054. Connection reset by peer.)

150 is the workstation I am using to test

2nd in Application under SQL logs

Faulting Application Conisiodbserver.exe Version 11.2.0.710, Time stamp 0x4d376267, Faulting module MSUCR80.DLL

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SolidWorks\Applications\PDMWorks Enterprise\MailService]

USER is sa, should it be sa.DOMAIN?

I enable logging, this is what I got

**** Opened ****
              Reading settings
              Verifying connection
              Getting dbs from server