2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 21, 2013 6:10 AM by Jeff Cox

display states in edrawings not working?

Chad Schmidt

Anyone noticing that display states in edrawings are not working correctly?   When I change the display states in the e-drawing they don't match the display states that I made in the assembly.  I'm using SW2011 SP3

• Re: display states in edrawings not working?
          David Edgerley

Yes, display states don't work for me in edrawings either, whether they are linked or not. They show up in the various configs, but nothing happens when you change between them. I haven't tried sp4 yet because the sworks background loader for software updates has gone screwy on one machine (just registers an error message) and, on the other, upgraded the sworks software to sp4 but failed to upgrade edrawings, so that's on sp3 still and I've had no time to sort it out. So display states may be working on sp4, but probably not, and I wish the background loader and updating set up was better as my experience so far of it as supplied and installed with Sworks 2011 is a 100% failure rate, plus mucking up an existing installation. Not great.

• Re: display states in edrawings not working?
              Jeff Cox

Even though the last post to this thread was in 2011 I'm adding to it.  Display States still do not work for the most part.  Sometimes they will match the SolidWorks display states  but most of the time they do not.  Also the property manager for display states does not show them in the same order of the corresponding SolidWorks file.  We been trying to use eDrawings for step by step assembly instructions and without the display states working.....