So a few years ago I figured out a way to make a drawing automatically pick a 2nd format for page 2 of a drawing. But I couldn't find an option for it now. I recently changed our formats for our drawings and it was quite annoying to have to change the sheet format everytime I did a page 2. I called Tech Support for our local solidworks supplier and they told me it wasn't possible, but that I could turn on the dialogue box for it to ask me which sheet format I wanted to use.
Well, I found a work around that I wanted to share. So, here is the trick.
1. Create your two sheet formats (a slddrt file) Save them as page 1 and page 2
2. Create a drawing template with the page 1 sheet format as the first sheet.
3. Move the sheet format location for page 1 into a subfolder ( you may want to keep the template for future use).
4. Open up a new drawing and change the sheet format to your page 2 format.
5. Hit save sheet format in the "File" pull down menu, but save the name under the page 1 file name.
6. Now when you create a new drawing it has the sheet format of page 1 embedded in the file and will bring it up automatically, then when you add a sheet, it will look for the file name of the original sheet format when you create a page 2 and pull up your "trick" page 1, which is actually page 2.