Does anyone know offhand the procedure for this?
There isn't a procedure. Best you can do is Save as a Parasolid.
1. Export the assembly files as an IGES file
2. Import the IGES file back into SW2010
3. Run FeatureWorks on each part
4. Cross your fingers and hope it works
5. Add all the mates back in (they will get lost in the IGES export)
I've had this work on simply parts but I haven't tried it on more complex parts and assemblies. Good luck!
Thanks Russ .. I'll give that a shot. We have a customer that wants to have a look at one of our models, and they have 2010. I was thinking step file possibly as well.
We'll see what they can deal with. Appreciate the suggestions.
If the client just wants to view the assy, give them an eDrawing.
Retrieving data ...