2 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2011 12:17 PM by Scott McFadden

export to dwg - fractional dimensions turn decimal w/ color change in autocad

Matt Henley

does anyone have any idea why a solidworks-exported dwg would change from fractional dimensions to decimal with a color change in autocad?

• Re: export to dwg - fractional dimensions turn decimal w/ color change in autocad
          Matt Henley

A few details...

I created the model using the supplied metric dimensions and the model is great.

I created the drawing and just made the dimensions show a fraction to the nearest 1/16". the solidworks drawing looks fine.

I saved the drawing as a dwg w/ options set to all AutoCAD 2004 standards.

The dwg opens just fine and looks right on my computer with a white background. On my customer's computer with a black background, the whole drawing is dark grey/blue and very hard to read.

After i looked at my dwg file i noticed that it imported everything as a color 250. I highlighted the whole drawing and changed to black/white and every fractional dimension went to decimal. I did the same thing on individual layers and on individual dimensions. no matter what, if i changed the fractional dimension's color, it turned into a decimal dimension.

I was supposed to have this done this afternoon and still dont have the answer. any help is appreciated.

fyi: i am running SW2006

the exact same thing happens when i open a dxf in autocad.