AnsweredAssumed Answered

change Ø without a fitting

Question asked by Peter De Vlieger on Apr 27, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 7, 2011 by Peter De Vlieger

I happens often enough that I have to draw a pipe that has no fitting in it or that gets drawn without any fittings (no flanges or whatever and any elbow shaped fitting to be drawn as bends). Think sub-terraen piping, pipes connecting two bassins, etc...

This also means that every so often the diameter changes on these pipes. Now if they had fittings then it wouldn't be an issue seeing as that it's easy enough to make the fitting driving the Ø of the entire pipe. Without fittings one seems to be up the proverbial waterway without a propulsion system

I did find a partial solution namely :

• open the asm
  • in the feature manager open its folder route parts
  • select the pipe part and open it
  • now you should be able to open the design table of that pipe part
  • by opening and closing the design table you'll notice that it rebuilds the available configs
  • return to the top level of that pipe (asm where you normally design the routing in) and select the component properties (RMB menu)
  • you should now be able to select the Ø you want

This works, and it works well except..... if afterwards you have to edit the route it will revert back to the original Ø because there's no part that can override the original chosen Ø

Is there any way that anyone knows that can cure that, short of putting in a fitting and then hiding it as well as doctoring the BOM so that it doesn't mess that up either?

Outcomes