6 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2011 5:18 PM by Scott McFadden

Dimension Color

Don Cheke

I have accidently changed my section drawing dimension color to gray and can't seem to get it back to black.

This likely occured when I was trying to solid fill some regions with a light gray color.

How can I reset my dims color to black?

And can someone list the steps to solid fill a region with a new color. Please. This just seems so much more complicated than it should be.

• Re: Dimension Color
          Charles Culp

To change the color of something in a drawing, you need to activate the line format toolbar. Right click on an existing toolbar or the CommandManager, and select Line Format. One of the options there will be line color (it looks like the paint bucket with the paint brush). This tool allows you to change the color of dimensions, sketched objects, and other annotations.

To fill in an area, use the Insert>Annotations>Area Hatch/Fill tool. If you have already filled in an area with the area fill tool, you should be able to just click on the existing area, and the Area Hatch/Fill tool PropertyManager should appear, allowing you to edit it.

Scott McFadden

Don,

Another setting is in Tools>Options>System Options

under colors you will see the settings for the different colors

for various types of dimensions.

Glenn Schroeder

I'm glad you got it fixed, but I wanted to let you know that you can also control the color of dimensions, hatch, fill, and almost everything else with layers.  I know some people don't like layers and don't use them, but they work fine for me.

Glenn