AnsweredAssumed Answered

Configuring Oil Hose in assembly

Question asked by Kin Wong on Apr 18, 2011
Latest reply on Jun 24, 2020 by Matt Peneguy

Hello All,

This is my first Question in Solidworks Forums. I want to create a flexible hose using routing. I have few limitations to design this hose

1. I have both the end connectors and they are same.

2. Length of the hose connecting both the end connectors is fixed.

3. I need this part with no external references & should be solidworks part.

4. This hose goes into number of assemblies which has different oil inlet locations so i have to use this hose connecting different locations in different assemblies.

5. There should be flexibility to route the hose through different clamps located in different positions in different assembly configurations.

I designed a hose solidworks part by disabling external references option in assembly with different configurations and activating them according to the positions of the oil outlets. Attached file clearly explains this. My problem is the number of configurations are increasing because of different positions of the oil inlets in a setup.

IS THERE ANY WAY WE CAN MAKE FLEXIBLE SOLIDWORKS PART HOSE WHICH IS GOOD ENOUGH TO CHANGE THE POSITIONS AUTOMATICALLY ACCORDING TO THE INLET PORTS.

I EVEN TRIED FLEXIBLE ASSEMBLIES WHICH IS SHOWING SOME ERRORS IN THE ASSEMBLIES WHILE I CHANGE THE SETUP CONFIGURATIONS WHICH HAS FLEXIBLE HOSE IN IT.

Thanks

RAM

Attachments

Outcomes