I'm looking for a Mechanical Designer that has SolidWorks and AutoDesk Inventor experience for a position in Lafayette, IN.
LiquidSpring LLC, developer of CLASS®, the next generation in Vehicle Suspension Systems, has an opening for a Mechanical Designer. CLASS® is a patented Compressible Liquid Adaptive Suspension System which replaces standard vehicle springs, shock absorbers, and stabilizers, to provide superior ride and handling as well as automatic vehicle leveling through an Electronic Control Unit that monitors driver input, vehicle behavior, and system conditions. This position will be located in our Lafayette, IN facility. Send resume with salary requirement for further details.
- Design and develop new products as well as modify and improve existing products.
- Create product documentation: solid modeling of components and assemblies, technical drawings, bills of material, and Engineering Change Requests.
- Participate in cross-functional teams for the associated product lines.
- Provide technical product support to customers, internal and external.
- Effectively interface with engineers, manufacturing personnel.
- Assist in the installation, testing, tuning, and evaluating CLASS on new vehicle applications.
- Work with suppliers to incorporate standard or custom components.
- Ability to interpret standards, specifications, procedures, drawings, etc.; mechanical aptitude.
- Be detail-oriented and have excellent follow-through skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to function in a deadline driven environment.
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulations or government law.
Minimum Education and Experience Required
- Associate of Science degree in product design or other related technical degree with a minimum of two (2) years experience in mechanical design in a manufacturing environment; or combination of relevant education and experience.
- Work experience with AutoCAD Inventor.
- Work experience with Microsoft Windows OS and Office software.
- Experience with SolidWorks.
- Automotive mechanical experience.
Please send your resume to me at firstname.lastname@example.org