AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cannot reinstall SW2009 SP5.1 from download.

Question asked by Dougal Hiscock on Apr 10, 2011
Latest reply on Apr 11, 2011 by Scott McFadden

Hi guys.

I've been running SW2009 and am currently battling through a fresh installation.  I have complete install discs for SP0, SP3 & SP4.  I have the full downloaded file set for SP5.1.  Running SP4 is not a good option as the weldments have big errors in that release.  The SP5.1 weldments also have demons but they're better dressed demons that don't smell as bad.

So I'm trying to install SP5.1 from SP0 but the installer won't let me.  I suspect it wants the files to be in a specific location and I don't know what or where that is.  Currently the files reside in a directory in a similar layout to the SP4 installation DVD I have.  But that's not enough, it still gives me the option of either downloading everything again (which isn't going to work and requires an active subscription I don't have) or downloading individual files.

If I select the "download individual files" it tells me the core files are no longer available.  Actual error message below.

So what can I do?

Does anyone still have the real SW2009 SP5.1 install disc?

Does anyone know what file locations are required for this system to actually work?

Does anyone else think 2.7 GB for a service pack is just a little silly?

Outcomes