AnsweredAssumed Answered

Environment look and feel in 2011

Question asked by Scott Baugh on Apr 7, 2011
Latest reply on Apr 7, 2011 by Scott Baugh

I am test driving a new machine to see if we want to start purchasing some of theses Desktops. So I tested SW 2010 PV360, since we are still on 2010. I am trying to test the same parts in SW 2011 to see the differences in speed.

SW 2011 is much different than what I recall in Beta. I noticed there are some missing Studios that I had in 2010, that don't seem to be in SW 2011... at least its not click and drag. Its click Drag and modify the options to get the same results. Problem is I don't kow what those options were. Would be nice to have a direct selection of drag and drop.

Anyway that's not my major beef here. My problem is when I am using the Environment and I am dragging the part around to place it. it does not look right... and the Environement zooms as I zoom the part... As much as I like that, I think there needs to be a way to lock it. I can't adjust the model in the graphics view to know what its going to look like rendered... fine I can open the preview and see it. I understand that, but the look and feel of this is like trying to control 2 things at once and one goes one way and the other goes the other way. Why the large change in Environments between PV360 2010 and what's in 2011? Even though I couldn't zoom my Environment at least I knew where the part would be placed when I rendered, versus some weird location.Environment 2011.jpg

Any help in understanding this I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Scott

Outcomes