5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2006 5:17 PM by

Cosmos Floworks Network Solve

Hey John, Thanks for confirming and glad I could help.

Take care,

Eric
        • Cosmos Floworks Network Solve
          I just confirmed with Solidworks that it does not take advantage of the two computers cpu's. Thank you for your comments.
            Hi John,

I have been running the remote solver on a seperate workstation on our network. I did load soliworks and floworks on this machine. I usually run solidworks and floworks on my machine, , with dongle plugged in, and then select the network solver option and point to the remote computer. The licenses are used on my machine, but the solver runs on the remote machine. It frees up my computer to do other things, but solidworks is tied up with the analysis. I use a remote desktop connection to monitor the other machine.

The other way I can do it is to copy the files for the analysis over to the remote computer, open solidworks/floworks, plug in the dongle, and then run the analysis. This then frees up my machine to continue using solidworks, but you do need to have 2 seperate licenses. Again, I use my remote desktop connection to monitor the remote machine.

Hope this helps,

Eric

I have one license for Cosmos Floworks that I have a dongle for. If I want to run a Network Solve, the computers in the list have to have the Solver at the same version as the first computer. Do the computers in the list only need the solver loaded or licensed full Floworks apps on them?
                I have a similar set up. I have a second computer with SolidWorks loaded. I can run the study on the extra computer and video switch over to my main computer. If I did a nework solve, does floworks utilize the cpu's on all the computers in the network list thereby shortening the analisis time?
                  I don't think so. It appears to only use the processor on the machine that the solver is running.