AnsweredAssumed Answered

DimXpert 2011 or not????

Question asked by Tim Smith on Apr 4, 2011

This is just a general inquiry to see if I'm the only one experiencing this or not.  My dept uses and has used Model Based Definition (MBD) for the last five years.  Over those releases we have had to adopt more than one methodology to make this work.  In version 2010 after DimXpert had been around for a couple of releases, I would say that Solidworks had reached about the 75% mark of  implementing the ASME Y14.41 correctly.  With the release of 2011 I believe that to hell in a hand basket isn't to strong a term.  We waited until SP 2.0 to "hopefully" get the kinks out of the system, alas it was not to be.  To date, GTOL's have added a strange square box graphically right next to the leader, but only in the drawing environment, and only in some view orientations.  Datums cannot be attached to surfaces anymore they only snap to the center of the feature, then when you bring them into the drawing they only show up in the bottom left corner of the drawing no-where near the feature.  It would be interesting to get others feedback on this.

Outcomes