2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2011 8:45 AM by Rodney Michels

Managing Toolbox in EPDM

Rodney Michels

Hi All,

We have currently purchase EPDM and are going through an evaluation\testing process before we go live.  I really want to take advantage of managing toolbox inside the vault, but I am running into a few concerns after setting it up to manage it. Do we have to keep the SWBrowser.mdb file local at all times?  If so, does EPDM "Get latest Version" when it sees a change?  Hopefully I give you all the info you need to help me figure what where I am going wrong.

Admin Tool Setup:

ToolBox:

toolbox.jpg

WorkFlow:

WorkFlow.jpg

Folder Permissions

FolderPerm.jpg

I think that is all the information you need from the Admin Tool.  When I launch SolidWorks, I receive this message.

Featureworks.jpg

Then trying to create a Hole Wizard Feature, I receive this message.

Error.jpg

I know it should get the database by itself, but it's not.  I can "Get Lastest Version" myself and check it out.

• Re: Managing Toolbox in EPDM
          Joy Garon

Hi Rodney -

The mdb file gets checked into the  vault.

I highly recommend looking at the online help, Installation and Administration guides.

The new Toolbox integration is well documented.

Best Regards,

Joy

• Re: Managing Toolbox in EPDM
              Rodney Michels

Thanks Joy for your response, but I know the install is proper, as it works fine on another machine.  I have reported to our VAR.  It seems to be something with my machine.  I have repaired, reinstalled both SW and EPDM, nothing seems to fix the problem.  What really funny is, when I select the plus symbol of Toolbox, from within the Design Library, it retrieves the database just fine.  Really wierd??

Rodney