AnsweredAssumed Answered

Create Assembly from Toolbox Parts

Question asked by Diego Munoz on Mar 22, 2011
Latest reply on Mar 22, 2011 by Craig Jensen

Hi, I have been trying to create a sub assembly using a hex bolt, hex nut and a flat washer from the tool box. When I inserted the parts from the tool box I saved them all in a different folder using "save as" and gave them a different name. When I modify the hex bolt to the length I desired and try to save it I get this window that tells me "You have chosen to save read only-files. Do you want to continue?" Where I'm confused is why is SolidWorks detecting this parts as read only files, when I saved them out of the tool box file. The reason why I want to use a sub assembly is because I have a lot of this bolts, nuts and washers than I need to insert. I have attached an image of where I need all this hardware. Someone else inserted the hardware in this one, but he did each bolt, nut and washer individually. But as you can imagine it took him a long time. I just want to find a faster way to insert all this hardware. Also, now I want to know if its possible to create a sub assembly or assembly using any of the tool box parts, thanks.

Outcomes