3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2011 1:09 PM by Joe Poma

Mesh create fail in SolidWorks Simulation.

Julio Mendes

I'm using a SolidWorks Premium and try to run a static analisys.

I define constains, forces but I can't generate mesh.

Mesh generate fail in every attemps.

I reduce mesh size, try to use mesh control, but the system always returns the message: "Mesh creation failed for the following components"

Does anyone had same problem?

Thanks.

• Re: Mesh create fail in SolidWorks Simulation.
          Roel Scheffers

Yes my friend, everyone has had those problems.... you'll get more and more handy with it if you practice enough... some things you can try;

- I don't know about the complexity of your model, but you can try and simplify it a bit. Disable features, try and mesh it..etc.. and define the problem that way...

- Try the incompatible mesh

- Try the curvature mesh

- Try the draft quality mesh

Maybe upload a picture of the part which you want to mesh... it'll be of help to the guys here..

• Re: Mesh create fail in SolidWorks Simulation.
              Julio Mendes

Hi, Roel.

The Simulation don't creat any type of mesh.

I tried draft mesh, incompatible mesh, reduce the size element, mesh control and Simulation fail to creat mesh.

My model isn't complex.

Also I create rectangular bar and simulate a simple analisys, but the Simulation fail again.

In a very very simple model.

I don't had this problem at SolidWorks Simulation 2010.

I tried to repair the instalation, uninstall and delete registry keys e so reinstall SW, but nothing worked.

Anyone know about a process or dll corrupted can cause this failure?

Thanks all.